Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Great video from an RPCV about Mali

A RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer) from the early 90s just came here and showed us a trailer for a film he is working on. Take a look at the trailer and short version he has on his website: www.gonetomali.com. There is a fair bit of footage from where I live here in Segou and even of some people I know and see every week when I walk around town. For instance, when he is at the big mosque here in Segou, towards the end of that segment, he pans to an old man sitting down with some prayer beads and smiles - I love that man he is so kind! Anyhow - take a look at the clip and get a little perspective of my life over here. With my pictures and stories, I try and convey what I can of my life over here and this film does a great job at that. I am just finishing up my training week here at Tubaniso and will be heading down to Sikasso for a few days before returning to Segou around the 25th. Hope you enjoy the film!!!

No comments:

Where I've Been...