Sunday, July 23, 2006

Some inspiring thoughts from Jasmine as I embark on my journey

If we are to achieve a richer culture - one rich in contrasting values - we must recognize the whole gamut of human potential, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place. - Margret Mead

One by one, sometimes bold, sometimes hesitant, sometimes demanding, sometimes faltering, they emerge - individuals. People, with voices, faces, eyes. People with hope. People without hope. People still fighting. People with all the courage squeezed out of them. People with stories. - Lorena Hickok, 1937

Put me on a moving train, a car, a boat, a plane if I am sick and I'll get well. It is good for mind and body to get out and see the world. - Maria Brown

No comments:

Where I've Been...