Saturday, August 26, 2006

Last posting for a few weeks...

I don't think Ill get internet for at least another two weeks when I come back here to Tubaniso. I'll then find out where Ill be for the next two years and what exactly Ill be doing. On the 26th or so, were all going to do some site visits and go spend a week surveying our sites and acquainting ourselves with the what well be doing, the resources well have, seeing the house/apartment/mud hut Peace Corps has set up for us, etc. If any of you are thinking of being saints and sending me care packages, I was originally told DHL but am also hearing the International Economy rate with FedEx got here in just 3 days so that might be a good option too. Some ideas include trail mix, dried fruits, candies and sweets (avoid ones that melt), snack cereal that doesnt need milk, nuts, drink mixes, meal/energy bars, herbal teas, etc. Creativity is appreciated. Since writing this, I have also found out that USPS is the cheapest option and gets here in about 6-8 weeks, so feel free to send using that too...



Of course, a simple letter will do too (only 84 cents). Thank you Julia and Cam for being the first to write me. Even just the simple fact of receiving mail is an awesome feeling being so far away from home especially since I have such limited internet time and will be more prone to responding to written letters. I was hoping to find some postcards to send but since I havent seen any around, I am going to just start writing some letters to send and get the post cards off when I find some.



The address again is:



Yuri Horowitz

Corps de la Paix

BP: 117 Segou

Mali

No comments:

Where I've Been...