Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Don't know if I've ever hopped around this much - next destionation: Central America

And the travels continue...

I've neglected my blog for a while and to all you eagerly awaiting an update, I apologize. 

So much going on (both present, past and future) that I won't get into too much detail but here is the short version:

I got back from traveling through Asia on my way home from Peace Corps in December.  Went home to Colorado for the holidays (with a quick trip to FL to visit my grandma and attend a good friend's wedding) and ended up spending the winter there as I continue to search for long-term gainful employment.  By April, I became restless again and slowly but surely got my travel legs back underfoot:  Short trip to Utah visiting its beautiful national parks, another out to Ventura, CA for a mini-family reunion and then out to D.C. for my sister's graduation.  And I was only warming up.

By early June I was leaving Colorado for the entire summer.  Seven weeks in Switzerland, a week in Seattle, two weeks near Montreal, back to Seattle for another week (both times for weddings), road trip out to Burning Man in Nevada and onto Idaho to visit still more family.  This brings us up to about a week and a half ago.

Since then I've been preparing for my next destination: Central America.  I'll travel through Costa Rica for two weeks before heading south to Panama where I'll be based for two months in Panama City.  Why/how so long in Panama you ask?  Finally found something to work on!! Though, not long-term and not really gainful - only two months and I'm almost working for free, but hey, it's something and it's something I think I'll like! 

Don't have too many details on the project but it is a tourism website that acts as a portal for accommodation and tours.  My main focus will be adding content (ie more accommodation and tours), though I'll do more than that...

My rough count is over 32,000 miles flown since June which doesn't even include all the driving I've done.

Lastly, I got a new camera so stay tuned for more photos...

1 comment:

Jasmine L said...

Love it Yuri...i hadn't heard about the Panama bit so I'm super excited for you and can't wait to hear more about it. Panama is definitley been on my list for a while so eagerly await updates!

have a great time!!
jasmine

Where I've Been...