Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Elephants!!!!

I'm going to have to interject into my story about my trip last may and come back to that later.

Right now, I'm in Kumasi Ghana after going to Mole National Park. I spent three days traveling from Bamako, Mali (oh by the way - I'm done with the Peace Corps... minor detail I'll come back to later). I made great time (if you would consider 3 days on African transport tolerable) and got in late the night of my arrival. Got up early (6am) the next morning to go on a "safari" - really just walking around with a guy carrying a big gun to see some animals. We didn't have to go far, they were all over the place! In fact, on the night before when I arrived, there were some warthogs blocking to door to my room - nothing a few pebbles couldn't fix. Anyhow, we saw a bunch of different kinds of antelopes, more warthogs, baboons, monkeys, and elephants! Wahoo! I tried three times since I've been here in West Africa to see elephants and finally got my chance - thrid times a charm as they say.

I'll keep this short (as my posts from now on may become) since I'm writing this from an incredibly slow internet cafe - and I need go catch my bus to Accra. I'll upload photos when I find a faster place.

I'm going to the beach just west of the capital for two days before going back from my flight on friday to Dubai and onto Delhi India!

1 comment:

Dom said...

Yeah Yuri! Following my footsteps a bit, it seems. Mole is wild huh? Middle of frickin' nowhere at "Larabanga", but well worth the journey. I came from Wa on the once-a-day, 4am bus. Ewww, double ewww. Enjoy the coast man, it's once of nicest places I've been lucky enough to experience.

Yuri will be late with pics, I bet - if anyone wants to see what he's seeing, go here
Ghana Pics

Safe journey brotha,

Dom

Where I've Been...