Friday, October 12, 2007

Official Launch of Segou's Tourism Website!!

After many months of hard work, I am proud to announce that the website I've been working on has officially been launched! For those that don’t know, I have been working with Mali 's Ministry of Tourism in cooperation with CPEL, a local NGO, to develop an informational website for tourists. If you were ever curious to see a little more about where I live in Mali , now’s your chance! Go to http://www.tourisme-segou.com and take a look!

Currently the website is only available in French. However, I tested Google Translate and it gives you a general idea though not perfect. Just enter the site address in the box at the bottom, choose the language you want and voila! (Please note that for some reason Google doesn't translate the welcome page so click on one of the links to start looking around). I am currently working on translating the entire site into English - so for now, Google Translate will have to do.

We will be working to improve the site over the coming months but for the time being we wanted to get what was finished thus far online. I have already identified a couple bugs but am hoping to get those fixed by next week. Any comments or feedback you have is most welcome!

Please feel free to pass the website address along to any friends or family that may be interested.

No comments:

Where I've Been...